Sunday, March 4, 2012

Pennsylvania Dreamin'...



My thrifting trip yesterday with Amy and Laura (of Thrifting Through Life) was a blast!  On Long Island we simply do not have the same type of cheap, widely stocked thrift stores like I see here in Pennsylvania!  (**If you live on Long Island and know of a really great thrift store, please share!!  There are a few, but I feel that it is a huge hit or miss.)









We started out at Blue Mountain, where I bought red spectator oxford pumps, a record, a cute blue houndstooth halter top, and some fabric for a future project.





Then we hit some antique stores in Annville.  I invested in a jewelry box that needs a little bit of love to be beautiful, and I also bought a rustic wooden box that was apparently used to dry cigars.  It has tray drawers which I will be fixing up, lining with velvet, and using for my jewelry/beading supplies as well!  I absolutely love finding random old items that I will use in a future craft project.

We checked out two other thrift stores: American Vintage and Jubilee.  I got a dress that needs a lot of serious help at American Vintage, but I fell in love with the style, so I asked for a good price.  I also got a really nice blue wrap dress from Jubilee!  It was a great day of thrifting!
Today we took lots of photos today which I cannot wait to share!
~M. Margaret

1 comment:

  1. Thrift shopping is fun, but you have to have lots of energy. It is definitely rewarding when you find that magical piece for such a great deal. :)

    xoxo,
    Taylor

    taylormorgandesignblogspot.com

    ReplyDelete